WE BELIEVE THAT A BIOLOGICAL IMBALANCE BETWEEN A NORMAL FLORA FROM THE SKIN AND SCALP PLAYS A MAJOR ROLL IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF HAIR
Hair loss results from a combination of the following:
1. genetic pre-disposition
2. poor nutrition
3. low immune system
4. an environment that leads to an excess of Candida fungus
Vellus = a thin non-pigmented hair that can only be seen in certain angles of the light.
Three types of hairs grow in the scalp:
Terminal = thick, fully pigmented, normal hair
Lanugo = an intermediate hair that grows between the terminal and vellus hair phases. It is pigmented and thicker than vellus hair but weaker than terminal.
Candida Albicans is a natural yeast in the human body. Normally it lives in harmony with a variety of other microorganisms and actually performs a couple of important functions. The problem occurs when something upsets the balance of bacteria in the body, which causes the yeast organism to proliferate and take over all the healthy microorganisms.
The body fights the overgrow of Candida, producing the follow reactions :
1. Activation of the sebaceous glandule, which produces more oil. Oil acts as a defense mechanism for our skin. If we fight against an oily scalp (as most products do), we will weaken our skin defenses and accelerate hair loss. For that reason, I recommend healthy oils, like rosemary, arnica, coconut and oth
2. Skin irritations are a result of Candida overgrowth, activating the skin renovation and desquamation process, which results in flakes of dead skin and dandruff. That reaction is also a mechanism of defense. When these mechanisms don't work anymore, the scalp will go into atrophy, becoming purely skin (as you see in bald individuals) and not a normal scalp.
3. The overgrowth of Candida will also attack the hair follicle, that will react by producing more sebaceous secretion and sebum. The hair first starts to fall
We stilbefore completion of the normal cycle. The new hair will be weak and thin, growing slowly, falling out before it should. The hair will become weaker and weaker, until eventually disappearing completely. A terminal hair becomes lanugo, then vellus, and then non-existent.
The immune system is your system of defense which is working all the time to fight and balance the overgrowth of Candida, while at the same time, consuming many nutrients. In this process, it depletes a lot of vitamin and minerals.l do not understand our skin's “ecosystem” and its correlation to our health. The holistic point of view of Candida as systemic diseases is not yet recognized by regular doctors. We have a lot to learn and research.
The symptoms of scalp disease, in order, are :
1. Excess of oil
2. Dandruff, desquamation and irritation of the scalp
3. Weak hair until disappearing
When treated in the right way, using homeopathy, we will see the cure process take place in reverse order: First, the hair will stop falling out. Then, new hair will start to grow in as vellus and lanugo. Next, normal hair will start to grow in, followed by desquamation. Finally, there will be an excess of oil.
Though the research that we developed, some points came to support this theory :
1. In the research group, we performed microscopy and culture from scalp samples. We found great quantities of Fungus from the Candida family.
2. The Homeopathy remedies found through "repertory" a form of treatment that reproduces many times the symptom to match results of actual patients and used to treat the patients with hair loss, 90% of then classified in homeopathy as polycrest and anti-psoric remedies.
3. We can relate the clinical symptoms described for Candida (see article below), with clinical symptoms of Psora, well described in Homeopathy.
4. Dermatology magazines have reported the results of 2% Nizoral shampoo to be similar to the use of 2% Minoxidil (Rogaine). In recent studies (March 2001), a double-blind study used 1% strength Nizoral shampoo against a 1% zinc pyrithione shampoo. The results showed that hair diameter grew by over 8% in 6 months, the sebum excretion rate was reduced by over 6% and the number of hairs shed over a 24-hour period was reduced by over 16%. These results with the 1% Nizoral shampoo were similar to earlier trials using the 2% Nizoral solution. These reports show that Nizoral used at the 1% or 2% level, 2-3 times per week will have positive effects on hair growth in addition to dandruff control. The response from this product can be due to its anti-fungal properties.
Other articles to understand more about Candida :
Candida is almost universal on normal adult skin and albicans is part of the normal flora of the mucous membranes of the respiratory, gastrointestinal, and female genital tracts, which cause no disease.
Some healthcare professionals believe that candida infects 89% of the US population. Many Americans don’t realize that candidiasis is caused by the overuse and abuse of antibiotics, steroids, NSAIDs and poor dietary habits. By simply following the standard of healthcare in our society and eating the standard American diet, you may be putting yourself at risk of recurrent candida yeast infections.
Most people are aware of the most common manifestations of candida, such as yeast infection, jock itch, thrush, athlete’s foot and ringworm. But what is not commonly known are all the other seemingly unrelated symptoms that are caused by candida, like chronic fatigue, food allergies, digestive problems, sexual dysfunction, constipation, headaches and more.
First and foremost, you want to refrain from taking antibiotics unless it is absolutely necessary. Try to find other healthy alternatives to infections etc. If you must take an antibiotic, you should always be sure to take an acidophilus supplement during the course of the treatment. This will help keep healthy bacteria present in your body.
Taking acidophilus on a daily basis is one of the best defenses against yeast overgrowth and it promotes a healthy colon.
Most people with yeast overgrowth are also suffering from nutritional deficiencies and correcting them can help you in your battle over Candida symptoms.
We researched and developed a homeopathy treatment to help the immune system fight Candida
with amazing results, stop and reverse hair loss. Learn more at: Vida Homeopathy
Like us at : https://www.facebook.com/Vidahomeopathy