WE BELIVE THAT A BIOLOGICAL IMBALANCE FROM A NORMAL FLORA FROM DE SKIN AND SCALP PLAY A MAJOR ROLL IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF HAIR LOSS.
The combination of:
1. genetic pre-disposition
2. poor nutrition
3. low immune system
4. together with a favorable environment to the overgrow of Candida fungus
Results in hair loss
Candida Albicans is a yeast that occurs naturally in the human body. Normally it lives in harmony with a variety of other microorganisms and actually performs a couple of important functions. The problem occurs when something upsets the balance of bacteria in the body and this allows the yeast organism to proliferate and take over all the healthy microorganisms.
The body fights the overgrow of the Candida, producing the follow reactions :
1. Activating the sebaceous glandule, producing more oil, oil is a mechanism of defense from our skin. If we fight against oil scalp, we will weak our skin defenses. That is the reason I recommend healthy oils, like rosemary, arnica, coconut and others.
2. The irritations in the skin is a result, from Candida overgrow, activating the skin renovation and desquamation, from that we will see flakes of dead skin, dandruff .That reaction is also a mechanism of defense. When these mechanism don't work anymore, the scalp will go into atrophy , becomes a skin (as you see in bald individual) and not as scalp.
3. The overgrowth of Candida will attack also the hair follicle that will react, producing more sebaceous secretion and sebum . The hair first starts to fall before complete the normal cycle, the new hair will be weak and thin, growing slow, falling before the normal time. The hair will become weaker and weaker and eventually disappearing. A terminal hair becomes lanugo, then vellus, then non-existent.
The symptoms of disease in the scalp, in frequency and evolution are :
1. Excess of Oil
2. Dandruff, desquamation, irritation, in the scalp
3. Weak hair until disappearing.
When treated, in the right way, we will see, as Homeopathy describe the cure process, getting better, in the reverse order. First stop the hair fall, start to grow new hair as vellus, lanugo, then normal hair, desquamation occurs eventually, and the last symptom to disappear is the excess of oil.
· Three types of hairs grow in the scalp:
Terminal = thick, fully pigmented hair, normal hair.
Lanugo = is an intermediate hair that grows between the Terminal and Vellus hair phases. It is pigmented and thicker than Vellus hair but weaker than Terminal.
Vellus = It is a thine, non-pigmented hair, that can only be seen in certain angles of the light.
The immune system, is your system of defense which is working all the time, to fight and balance the Candida overgrow, but at same time, consume a lot of nutrients, in this process it depletes a lot of vitamin and minerals.
We still do not understand our “ecosystem” in the skin and the correlation to our health. The holistic point of view of Candida as systemic diseases is not yet recognized by regular doctors. We have a lot to learn and research.
Though the research that we developed, some points came to support this theory :
1. In the research group we did microscopy and culture from scalp samples.We found great quantity of Fungus from Candida family.
2. The Homeopathy remedies found through "repertory" a form of treatment that reproduces many times the symptom to match results of actual patients and used to treat the patients with hair loss, 90% of then classified in homeopathy as polycrest and anti-psoric remedies.
3. We can related the clinical symptoms described for Candida (see article bellow), with clinical symptoms of Psora well described in Homeopathy.
4. Dermatology magazines have reported the results of 2% Nizoral shampoo to be similar to the use of 2% Minoxidil (Rogaine). In recent studies (March 2001), a double-blind study used 1% strength Nizoral shampoo against a 1% zinc pyrithione shampoo. The results showed that hair diameter grew by over 8% in 6 months, the sebum excretion rate was reduced by over 6% and the number of hairs shed over a 24-hour period was reduced by over 16%. These results with the 1% Nizoral shampoo were similar to earlier trials using the 2% Nizoral solution. These reports show that Nizoral used at the 1% or 2% level, 2-3 times per week will have positive effects on hair growth in addition to dandruff control. The response from this product can be due to its anti-fungal properties.
Other articles to understand more about Candida :
Candida is almost universal on normal adult skin and albicans is part of the normal flora of the mucous membranes of the respiratory, gastrointestinal, and female genital tracts which cause no disease.
Some healthcare professionals believe that candida infects 89% of the US population. Many Americans don’t realize that candidiasis is caused by the overuse and abuse of antibiotics, steroids, NSAIDs and poor dietary habits. By simply following the standard of healthcare in our society and eating the standard American diet, you may be putting yourself at risk of recurrent candida yeast infections.
Most people are aware of the most common manifestations of candida as yeast infection, jock itch, thrush, athlete’s foot and ringworm. But what is not commonly known are all the other seemingly unrelated symptoms that are caused by candida, like chronic fatigue, food allergies, digestive problems, sexual dysfunction, constipation, headaches and the list goes on and on.
First and foremost you want to refrain from taking antibiotics unless it is absolutely necessary. Try to find other healthy alternatives to infections etc., but of course there may be times when it can’t be avoided. If you must take an antibiotic for some reason, you should always be sure to take an acidophilus supplement during the course of the treatment. This will help keep healthy bacteria present in your body.
Taking acidophilus on a daily basis is one of the best defenses against yeast overgrowth and it promotes a healthy colon.
Most people with yeast overgrowth are also suffering from nutritional deficiencies and correctingthem can help you in your battle over Candida symptoms.
We research and developed a Homeopathy treatment to help the immune system to fight Candida
with amazing results, stop an reverse hair loss, find more at :Vida Homeopathy
Like us at : https://www.facebook.com/Vidahomeopathy