The study was developed for 6 years from January 1979 to December 1984, with 776 individuals, who came to the office with a complaint about hair loss. 461 patients come regularly come to the office for treatment and evaluation that was in the work we present.
The research developed to in followed the steps below;
All cases begin with:
1. Clinical anamneses
2. Homeopathy evaluation,
3. Physical exam of the scalp
4. Evolution of the treatment trough pictures
5. Microscopy from the scalp.
In 1986 at an International Homeopathic Ligue Congress, in Lion France, we present the results of research about Homeopathy and Hair Loss. In the next year, we wrote a book, in Portuguese, that explain in more details the research that was developed for 6 years from January 1979 to December 1984, with 776 individuals, who came to the office with the complaint of excessive hair loss. From the total of 776 that we start,
461 patients regularly come to the office for treatment and evaluation that was in the work we present.
All patients concern about losing Hair we apply the follow steps:
1.We did an identification profile, with name, address, Loss: sex, profession, if they were married or not.
2.We ask about Hair Loss: When they start losing hair, what treatments they made, how often they wash the hair in a week, with they had dandruff, itching in the scalp, to much oil in the scalp.
3. Questions about general health issues from present and past.
2. Questions about hereditary and disease in the family.
3. We ask if they have relatives such mother, father, grandparents or uncles who were bold or had hair loss or thinning hair.
4. We ask if they live with people that suffer from hair loss such as husband, wife, friends.
5. We did a Homeopathy evaluation (that includes, physical, emotional, relationship, symptoms in general. We apply the repertory technique, to patients that have others complain besides hair loss. From the total of 461, 365 patients had others health concerns and 96 was healthy with no need to apply a repertory technique.
6. The scalp exam was observed and described such, scalp irritation, erythema, dilated pores, and also color and quality of the hair.
7. We collect material from the scalp and send to microscopical analysis.
8. Pictures were made every 4 months, to see the evolution of treatment.
9. All patients follow the internal treatment with homeopathy. The patient's apply a homeopathic formula in the scalp at home. They also made special treatment in the scalp, to clean and stimulated the scalp 1 x a week in the office.
10. All patients that follow the treatment had improvement.
We did a statistic analysis from the results. The results was:
a. Age and Sex:
From 461 patients that follow the hair treatment:
55,09% was men
44,91% was women.
70,9% was between the ages of 15 to 35 years old.
b. Ancestors with Hair Loss:
51,6% did not relate a family history of hair loss( male and females)
48,4% had a family history of hair loss, (in the male group the statistic was 53,93% and in the female 41,54%.)
c. Diseases :
Only 4,1% related hair loss after an illness.
d. The results of Homeopathy evaluation through repertory of symptoms:
The homeopathic remedies in order of frequency were :
Natrum mur: 13.97% Arsenicum album: 10.13%.
e. The results of a clinical observation of the scalp:
96,9% had one or more of the follow alterations in the scalp. (The intensity of these changes was different from one person to another)
Scalp: dandruff or excessive desquamation
Excessive oil in the scalp
Scalp sensitive to touch
Alteration in the scalp with spots white or dark
Changes in the porous and the color, texture of the hair.
f. Skin relation:
Was observed that more them 50% of the patients also had other skin complaints, like acne, itching, alterations in color and texture of the skin.
g. Laboratory results:
We did microscopy and culture from scalp samples.
The only microorganism that was present was a Fungus from Candida family.
We will discuss these result, later.
h. Pictures results:
To be able to see the evolution of the treatment for hair loss we decided to take pictures when the patient begin the treatment and every 4 months( necessary time to see a change in the picture) We try to make the same angle and position.
It was possible so see the evolution of the treatment through the pictures.
We present the research above in 1986 at an International Homeopathic Ligue Congress, in Lion France. In the next, year we published a book, in Portuguese, that explain in more details the research that was developed for 6 years from January 1979 to December 1984, with 776 individuals, who came to the office with a complaint about hair loss. 461 patients regularly come to the office for treatment and evaluation that was in the work we present.
Following are some of the photos from the book.
The pictures below are samples from cases of Alopecia areata and others from alopecia common.